Leather Dog Collar Care Guide
Keeping your Petiquette leather dog collar in the best condition is easy if you follow a few simple steps. We use only the finest leathers to make our handmade dog collars and are sure that if you care for your new leather dog collar it will continue to look as goood as the day you receive it.
To keep your leather dog collar at its best we recommend the following:
- Gently clean with a soft cloth and some good quality leather balsam once in a while.
- If the collar becomes muddy, then clean with a damp soft cloth and allow to dry naturally, away from direct heat.
- After cleaning, wipe any Swarovski Crystallized elements with a clean dry cloth.
- Remove the collar if your dog is playing rough, swimming or scratching excessively.
- If your dog goes in the sea while wearing its collar, then we'd always recommend give it a wipe with a damp cloth afterwards, as salt water and leather are not the best of friends.
Warning for users of Advocate
For those of you that use Advocate spot on treatment for flea prevention it is extremely important that you remove the collar when you use the treatment and leave it off until the fur is completely dry. Advocate will dissolve all manner of materials upon contact including leather and as such can irreparably damage your collar. The manufacturer of Advocate is aware of this and as such it is stated in the documentation that comes with the spot on treatment.